- Anticipated Installed Capacity
- No. of Turbines
- Homes Powered
The Covid-19 emergency means it is not currently possible to hold face-to-face meetings without unacceptably posing a significant risk to public health.
The social distancing rules in place make traditional ways of consulting challenging. However, we are still working to reach people and gather views using a range of methods including our dedicated website, email and video conferencing.
We encourage everyone to email should they have any questions or concerns.
Brookfield Renewable UK Limited is exploring opportunities to develop Armadale Wind Farm, south of Armadale on the north coast of Sutherland.
We are currently engaging key stakeholders and local residents about our proposals for Armadale Wind Farm.
We held two events in March 2020, in Bettyhill and Strathy, to display our very early stage plans. Since then we have been considering the comments received and are revising the layout of the wind farm.
The exhibition banners can be viewed here
We have set up many ways for you to share your comments with us. You can:
- Complete an online feedback form
- Download a feedback form from the website here and submit it by email
- Contact the project team email@example.com
You can also register for updates by completing an online registration form.
- Site Location
- Armadale, Thurso, UK
- April 2020: Reviewing stakeholder and community feedback and revisiting design
- March 2020: Public exhibitions taking place locally. Further information can be found here
- January 2020: Scoping opinion received from the Scottish Government
- November 2019: Scoping report submitted to the Scottish Government. A copy of the scoping report and figures can be downloaded here
As a long-term owner, operator and developer of renewable assets, we believe it is important to be an active partner in the communities in which we develop projects and operate.
In Scotland, we offer a community benefit programme committed to supporting communities close to our wind farm sites and we are keen to support local community projects wherever we can.
Armadale wind farm will offer a variety of opportunities for the local community, including a dedicated community benefit fund which can provide opportunities to support sustainable community initiatives and bolster the local economy.
As part of our ongoing desire to ensure our proposal will fully empower the surrounding communities, we also hope to explore community ownership options.
For further information on community development, please contact us:
Wind is one of the world’s fastest growing renewable energy sources and has become a major component in the energy mix. Wind power is clean, cost effective and does the same job as fossil fuels but generates less waste.
Scotland is one of Europe’s strongest wind resources creating significant potential for the deployment of wind power.
This trend is expected to continue as:
- The costs of wind energy continue to fall
- Threats to energy security persists across the globe
- The need to tackle climate change becomes increasingly urgent